6.05.2013

Funny Moments


With our recent celebration of our one year anniversary, it has got me thinking of all the ups and downs we've been through.  They're not kidding when they say the first year is the hardest.  I didn't quite expect it, seeing we had been together for almost 8 years, but adjusting to a new way of life can be challenging!  Thank goodness for those moments of comic relief, the ones where you laugh until you cry.  And also for those moments that weren't so funny then, but make you giggle really hard thinking about them now. 

I think our funniest moments of being a newlywed couple seem to center around food (mostly because, ahem, I am a non domestic goddess in the kitchen and my lovely husband knows how to make eggs, cereal, and stir fry) and constantly figuring out how to be grown-ups.

In the past year we have broken 2 of our new, beautiful, and fancy Crate and Barrel plates, at least 4 of our glasses, and one of the cheap-o Target plates I bought as a here use this one instead of our nice plates plate.  Not to mention the countless times we've set off the smoke detector and that one time I surprised Bobby with his favorite breakfast and he immediately spit the eggs out onto his plate with a look of horror on his face (I may have cried out of pure embarrassment and failure). We're kind of a hot mess in the kitchen.  

Exhibit A:

Don't be fooled.  Although it may seem like a simple task, putting the groceries away is kinda hard. 
 Ironic = your husband talking about his crazy ninja skills 5 seconds earlier!

But through all of the silliness and small kitchen fires, I am reminded daily of his love for me.  

Exhibit B: 

I woke up to this just the other day!  At first I thought there was a giant black beetle crawling on his forehead as my eyes adjusted to the morning light (I was only milliseconds away to overreacting and slapping it off his face), but at a second glance, saw my husband's love note :) No hand written letters left on the pillowcase here.  Label-maker all the way!

I was talking to one of my close friends back in Colorado a few weeks ago and we somehow got on the conversation of marriage.  I asked her what her biggest piece of advice is, being married for 5 years now.  She said, "Play and laugh".  

I think this is some of the best advice I've received. 
 Remember when you used to play and have tickle fights?  And you would think everything the other person said was the most hilarious thing?  You would always answer "He makes me laugh" when asked what your favorite quality was about him. But then we get into a routine, get drained from long work days, and somewhere along the way we forget to laugh and just have fun together. This is something I will always make a priority in our marriage because there is nothing better than having a side-cramp, nose snorting, eye watering laugh attack with your best friend!




Linking up with Kaitlyn:
Post 1: An Introduction

4 comments:

  1. Your stories did make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are always having so much fun together :) Bobby's love note is the absolute sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha kitchens stories are just flat out the best!

    and I love your friend's advice! Play and laugh, yes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is good advice! hopefully one day I will turn into giada de laurentiis :)

      Delete