6.12.2013

Hard Moments


Hard times.  Its not always easy to write about the difficulties or the times that made you cry or argue.  But it's a reality, in any type of relationship.  

Blending two lives together can be challenging.  Put the strains of daily life on top of that and there are days that are just plain hard.


We've dealt with financial strains, loss of family pets, missing our family back in Colorado on a daily basis, and moving to a new place to live.  But the hardest moments during our first year have come about due to our polar opposite schedules .  We are lucky most days to see each other for 30 minutes.  We pass each other as I am getting home from work and my husband scoots off to work.  30 minutes isn't a long time to talk about our days, to reconnect, or to just enjoy an extra long hug.  There have been some unpleasant moments (mostly from me) of wondering why we can't have "normal" schedules like other husbands and wives.  Getting home at 5:00, eating dinner together, catching up on our favorite TV shows all snuggly on the couch.  I've even wondered how you can even have a relationship when you never see each other.  

We've worked hard to overcome this.  We still have the same work schedules but are constantly coming up with ways to make those 30 minutes count the most.  We e-mail and talk throughout the day and when those "important" conversations need to happen I do my best try my very hardest to wait until we have more time to seriously devote to the topic.  The days we have together I cherish more than anything.  We are still learning how to be creative and to make those few minutes count the most.  I know that it won't always be like this, but I also know that Bobby's work in the music industry will probably always create unusual work hours.  Something that will hopefully get easier as we learn to grow and support each other.

Its true that the hard times make you appreciate the good times even more.

The words we try to live by everyday:

I Kate take you Bobby,

Knowing that you’ll be my constant friend, faithful partner in life and my one true love
I affirm to you in the presence of these witnesses to stay beside you as your wife
I promise to love you without reservation and to comfort you in times of distress
I promise to encourage you to achieve all of your goals.  To laugh with you, to cry with you, to grow with you mind and spirit
I promise to always be open and honest with you
To be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and health, I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.



Linking up with Kaitlyn


Post I: An Introduction
Post II: Funny Moments

4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing Kate, your vows are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad and thankful that you linked up with us and shared your heart. This type of post floating around in blogsphere was my main goal and desire when creating the link-up for the other Brides out there! I hope other women feel just as inspired by marriage as I did when reading your post! I hope you will plan to link up with us next week for question #3!

    Kalyn
    www.lovelaughterhappilyeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kalyn! I've enjoyed writing these thoughts down

      Delete